actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hi. My name is Jim Lawson and I am a single ather of two wonderful daughters. I have been an actor, director, singer for over 26 years. Although I still perform in local Washington DC theater over the past 8 years I have added other titles to my work resume.

In 1998 I found myself a single father and decided that it wasn't a good idea to be out working everynight in a show while my girls were at home. Hence, I chose to work in the telecommunications field by day with a national company named Metrocall. After some success with Metrocall I was asked to join PCIA, the Personal Communications Industry Association as Business Development Manager.

After few years of working for PCIA I went back to Metrocall, then back to PCIA (starting to see a trend here?) and now I am at the Tech Council of Maryland as a Senior Director of Membership. Do I still do theater? Yes, I do but I am much more selective about which roles I accept. I also get to keep my voice in form by singing at church, weddings and funerals.

That's a bit of who I am. This is just the first of many posts that will be humorous (at least to me) and informative. Thanks for reading and there is much more to come! A big thanks to Mark and Tina for leading the way with this blog stuff!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Lawson said...

Great Post Jim, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

actormann blog is da bomb!

8:14 PM  
Blogger The Follow Spot said...

wow - one question ...what is a ather???

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jim Lawson said...

Mark - Thank you for pointing out my spelling error. I have based my blog on other blogs that obviously feel that "spellcheck" is not a necessary tool to use prior to posting. May I refer you to a fine piece of work entitled "The Follow Spot"? The author of that work deems it unnecessary to check his spelling also. BTW - Happy Birthday

9:00 PM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

A Jim blog! How exciting!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online