actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Friday, April 04, 2008

Tears, Nats and a Dead Car

This has been a long week. I started off the weekend saying goodbye to Barbara at the airport as she flew to Orlando to finish out the school year. The good part is that she has decided that she’ll be coming back home at the end of May and will be going to school here next year. I can’t wait!

On Sunday Doug Osborn and I had tickets to the National’s season opener and the grand opening of the new stadium. We got to the park around 4:00 for an 8:05 start. The stadium looks great, plenty of good food and extras. The made a huge whoop-di-doo about the opening ceremonies with fireworks, a fighter jet fly-over and President Bush throwing out the first pitch. He’s got a pretty good arm. The game ended with Zimmerman hitting a walk-off homerun in the bottom of the ninth inning with two outs for the win. What a great way to start the season ion a new stadium!

I do have a few suggestions for improvement. By game time the concession lines were extremely long and the filed out into the walkway. They need the zig-zag lines so there won’t be bottlenecks throughout the stadium. I’d also suggest that they make the menus larger and better lit. You can’t see what they’re serving at each booth until you get close the front of the line.

I worked Monday night and Tuesday night and had Wednesday evening off. Unfortunately I screwed up my back and was in a heck of a lot of pain on Wednesday night and had to see the doctor Thursday morning for medication. It’s getting better but there’s still a good bit of pain. It only hurts when I breathe.

Tonight I am seeing an old great friend of mine. David Badzik (he now goes by Van but he’s Dave to me) is back in town from Bainbridge Island, WA. He brought his two boys with him and we’re all going to meet at his sister’s place for a cookout. Good times, good times.

I have a memorial service to sing at tomorrow afternoon at my church and I think that Doug O and I will head to the Arlington Cinema Draft House tomorrow night. Good times, good times.

Oh yeah, one small thing, my car DIED! I was driving down 95 south and the engine just stopped while I was going about 70mph. I was able to get it over to the exit ramp where a man in a pick up truck pulled over and said he was a AAA driver and he’d go get his tow-truck. An hour later thee car was in the garage back in Springfield and the “good news” came. The antifreeze had leaked through the head gasket and it mixed with the oil and screwed up the pistons. To make it simple it needs an entirely new engine for the low cost of over $6,000. Congratulations Purple Heart, you just got yourself a donation! My parents have been extremely kind to let me drive one of their three cars while I shop for a new one. So when you see some hot lookin’ guy cruisin’ around in a dark green Camero, give a wave because that’s me, at least for a little while longer. Good times, good times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ron Curameng said...

There is nothing I hate worse than car troubles on the highway...I hate car problems period.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Oh Jim, so sorry for your car problems. But, for your next vehicle, I'd love to be able to welcome you to the Hyundai family. I could see you in a brand new Santa Fe or a new Sonata. Check them out at Hyundai.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Trish Baker said...

I have a brand new Hyundai Sonata and could not be happier- I have always been a Honda person and this is the first time out of the Honda box - it was a great choice!

You can NOT beat their warranty either!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Trish, I had no idea. Welcome to the Hyundai family!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online