actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Forum Opens With a Lot of Fun!

The last few weeks have been pretty busy and tough. Tech week at the Riverside was relatively smooth which I think can be attributed to a few different things. The changeover Sunday evening stayed on schedule, which made for a easy tech rehearsal Monday evening. Kudos to the tech staff.

The costumes were pretty much complete by Tuesday night so we had no problems with that addition. Wednesday night was a final run without an audience and without stopping. It's a huge help that the set is a one unit set with only two pieces of furniture brought on during the show. Talk about an easy process.

The Riverside has a tradition of letting their annual subscribers attend the final dress rehearsals on Thursday night of changeover week. In my past experience they usually get between 10 – 15 people but this time we had around 40 which was actually helpful, we pretty much knew which lines were funny but it always helps t hear the audience’s reaction.

Friday was opening night; Dani and Barbara decided that they wanted to be there. We had approximately 80 people, which isn’t too bad for August, which is often the slowest theater time of the year. Even with only 80 people the audience was great. Saturday’s house was about double and the show really had the opportunity to shine. I got a few opportunities to stop the show ands work with the audience for a while, I think I’m getting the feel of it.

Steven R. Hayes will be performing Pseudolus on Wednesday matinees since I have conflicts with my job at The Perspectives Group. So if you’d like to see me in the show drop by on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Speaking of The Perspectives Group, the President and Principal, Crystal & Doug Sarno, have graciously decided to invite our whole office and spouses/significant others to come and see the show on Sept 8.

I really think that it’s a good show, the cast all seems to be on top of things, Steven R. has done a fine job of directing and has been very open to suggestions (a big help), Ron Wheman is the producer and the musical director. I really think that Ron gets the most out of an ensemble musically than anyone I have ever worked with.

Let me know if you’d like to come and see the show. I get a cast price, I’m not sure how much of a discount but everything helps. Email me and I’ll get the info for you, actormann@aol.com See you at the show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online