actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Monday, August 14, 2006

Vacation Help Needed!




I’ve found myself in the same situation over the last four or five years. Over the summer my girls (17 & 9) and myself have planned different vacations well enough in advance but we find that we would like to take a short three-day jaunt someplace local. The time frame usually ends up over a long weekend but I always have a difficult time deciding where to go.


In the past we have been to the Skyline Drive staying in a mountain lodge, gone to Ocean City, Va. Beach and Colonial Williamsburg. I’m looking for suggestions on where you have been on a mini-vacation that was not too far away from the DC area. Summer’s coming to an end and I want to get away one more time, help us out! Where should we go?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

How about a river rafting or canoeing? They have some great places in West VA, and closer that I always used to read about in the Weekend section.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jim Lawson said...

Thanks Jill, great idea!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

New York is always an option plenty to do lots of theatre and museums. Hotels. com can have good prices if you check.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online