actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Friday, August 31, 2007

10 Things That I Don’t Really Care For

Once again, in no particular order.

1. Raw Onions, that’s right, raw onions. I can certainly enjoy onions cooked into a sauce or a dish but I have never liked onions on a sandwich or in a salad. I can go for an onion ring every now and then but please keep out of my potato salad, etc. Oh yeah, I don’t really care for them grilled, no onions on my steak and cheese.

2. People who have just gotten a little bit of power and they think that they’re now a ruler. I don’t have any examples, and if I did, I wouldn’t say it here. But I’ve worked with a few over the last 25 years and it’s sad to see a good person who is in the position of power who lets it go to their head.

3. Drying off a wet dog. I know that this is controversial but I hate taking my dog out in the rain and her getting dirty & wet and mussing up the floor and carpet. Then, when I try to dry and clean her paws she thinks that it’s time to wrestle. Usually she wins. I hate when that happens.

4. Waiters who disappear when it’s time for your check. How often does it happen when you’re out to eat at any type of restaurant and the server is has been very attentive but you’re ready to pay and hit the road……no waiter! Where do they go? Don’t they want to turn over the table and get my butt out of the seat so they can wait on others and make more cash? You’d think so, it happens to often to be a coincidence. It never happens in dinner theater because you’re on a such a tight schedule.


5. Getting the first few drops of water on your food when a ketchup bottle is turned upside down. You’re at your favorite eatery and they serve the best fries, you turn the bottle over and you have now ruined a good four or five fries. I know, I know, “shake the bottle first”, but sometimes I forget.

6. Cashiers who don’t speak or never say, “thank you” when you pay them. Since I am giving them my money don’t I deserve a “thank you”? Sometimes I’m an ass and when I hand over the money and they are silent I say, “Thank you…oh, that’s right, you’re the one who’s supposed to say thank you.”

7. Drivers who use exits ramps to pass stopped traffic on I95. They maybe pass 20 40 cars, are they really going to get there faster than me? Are they more important than the rest of us drivers? Maybe they are, at least they think they are.

8. Leaky showerheads. I have a showerhead in the girls bathroom and have tried all that I can think of to stop the drip, drip, drip. I guess it’s time to bit e the bullet and call the plumber.

9. It is inevitable that when I cook a nice dinner and sit down to enjoy it the phone will ring within the first four to six minutes. It could be my folks to thee Queen of Sheeba but someone always calls. I’m not saying I don’t want those calls but how do they know when I’m about to eat? It’s not like I eat at the same time everyday.

10. Lists of 10 things. When will all these people stop creating lists of things they love or things they hate? Come on people, I think someone else atrted doing it back in the early 80’s. Can’t you come up with something new?

3 Comments:

Blogger Antonio said...

Here's something funny. As I'm reading this post, I happened to be watching "10 Things I Hate About You".

11:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

when does the ofice start?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jim Lawson said...

I think it's later in September

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online