actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Help Us! It's Vacation Time!












I know I posted something like this last year but it’s time to do it again. Dani, Barbara and I haven’t been on a vacation together for a long while and we plan on going somewhere this summer. My thoughts are that we’ll stay in the states; Disneyworld & DisneyLand are out because they’ve been to theme recently. I asked the girls to come up with a short list of places they’d think were neat to go. They could be cities, national parks, anything.

Now it’s your turn: what suggestions do you have for a 4-6 day vacation. We could fly or drive (I think I’d rather drive if it’d be within 400 miles or so. Help me out, where would you go with a sophomore in college, a sixth grader, and an attractive, well read, man-about-town?

7 Comments:

Blogger Trish Baker said...

I always vote for a cruise! I know that's a sore subject with your folks' anniversary and all that but a cruise is fun for everybody!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Joey said...

If you don't want to go too far from home... there is a lot to see and do in Williamsburg- Busch Gardens, the Colonial old town, Jamestown, Great Wolf Lodge, etc... You could do a few days there, and then go a little further down- and spend a few days at Virginia Beach or Norfolk.

You might also try a National (or State) Parks vacation- there is a lot of variety there, too.

There's always Alaska! It's not as far or as expensive as you think!

6:32 PM  
Blogger House Mountain said...

C'mon. It's a no brainer. Port-au-Prince.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I am going to stay home and do Washington D.C. next for my spring vacation. There is tons of stuff to do that I never have time to do. If you feel the need to leave then go to New England it will be cooler during the summer and there is lots of lazy sightseeing things to do.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

I am very fond of the Jersey Shore. It's 4 hours away and there are campgrounds, boardwalks, great restaurants and alot of family orientated things to do!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

There is always New York!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Ron Curameng said...

Call me crazy....VEGAS!!!!!!
I did research for a family vacations and I found alot of Family stuff to do in Vegas at probably no cost.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online