actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Monday, January 12, 2009

My Sunday

Yesterday was a crazy day! I was honored to be a guest soloist at Fairfax Presbyterian Church for both services. I sang Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing for the early service and The Lord is Beautiful with their choir for the second service. It was a song written in Swahili where I did a call and the choir answered, it was a lot of fun. Maybe I can get my choir to sing it.

While I was at Fairfax Pres. Dani and Barbara were at our church, Grace. Barbara was singing at both services with club 456 a youth group made up of 4th, 5th & you guessed it, 6th graders. We all met back at the house after our services and Dani and I took Barbara and her friend Sage to a 456 meeting at 2:00. We stopped at Einstein’s Bagels for lunch and they were out of about everything. After dropping the girls off at their meeting Dani and I drove to Dulles airport to pick up her roommate Rebekah. Rebekah was traveling back from Texas where her family moved last summer. My brother Bill went with us so we’d have two cars. Once Rebekah landed she and Dani left for Shenandoah University and Bill and I came back to Springfield to pick up Barb and Sage.

Sage’s dad called asking if Barb could go to the movies with them. They were going to take the bus so I offered to drive them all and drop them off. On the way back home I stopped off at Giant for groceries and as I got to the parking lot my brother Bill pulls up. We decided to go and have dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Burke. It had been over ten years since I had been there and it was still pretty good.

By the time I made it back home Barb was getting in. She finished her homework, I did some laundry and off to bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

Whew! Sounds like a fun day...but the big question is: Is Christmas put away?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jim Lawson said...

Close, very close.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

I'm exhausted now. Thanks!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online