actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Monday, May 11, 2009


I’m so happy that both of my girls are home. Barb and I drove out to Shenandoah University to pick up Dani after she turned her last paper on Friday. The car was filled to the gills but we all made it home. Dani will be taking two classes online this summer, some part-time work and will be spending her eight year at Tri-cities Work camp in Petersburg, VA. Barbara completes the 6th grade on June 18th and will get to spend time with her mother, Mary, in Florida over the summer. She’s also going to our church youth camp called Great Escape and she’ll be going to Meadowkirk (a Presbyterian country resort) in the Virginia horse country while spending a week at Night Owls. She’ll hike, tube and have all kinds of fun. The reason the session is called Night Owls is because they stay up doing a lot of their activities throughout the night and then sleep in till 11:00 a.m. and start that day over again.

Once Barb is through with all of her camp and traveling, the three of us will spend five or six days in lovely Ocean City. I know what you’re thinking…lovely Ocean City??? We actually stay at a little resort just this side of the city and have a great time. Different friends have come up to join us for a day or so and we really look forward to taking a few days and getting away.

What about you? What are your plans for the summer?

5 Comments:

Blogger Antonio said...

My plans for the summer? Why, it's funny you should ask that. I just made an announcement about my plans at BruDog Haven.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Ron Curameng said...

We are going to do only weekend side trips to the beach. I have leave, but Beng doesn't.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Oh, I got Vegas coming up, then my yearly trip to NYC, and I am tring to also go on a crusie. I'm packing it in this year since I have no theatre for the first time since well.... beforeI started theatre!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Renee Jackson said...

Hi Jim
Very long, way too long since I've contacted you. Found Mark's site as I was cleaning out my bookmark's and then found you and Jill!!!

Your girls are all grown! How did that happen. I still remember Dani making kitty noises on the West End couch.

I've book marked your site and will visit again.

Loved your post about Giant - same thing happened to me. Happily cha-chinging away, got to the register and, what???? I've got to take it all out and bag it - what the hell was I thinking? If I do it again, I'll become one of those annoying people blocking the aisles.
Renee

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

Your summer sounds great and your girls are beautiful!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online