actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gettysburg, KD & Celebrating Fairfax

It looks like Ron Curameng is the big winner. Ron, where do you want your donation to go to?

Last Friday afternoon Barbara and I started to head down to Prince George, VA to meet up with Dani and her boyfriend Josh for Josh's graduation. About a third of the way there Dani called us to let us know that the graduation was being postponed until Saturday morning so we didn't need to fight all of that Friday afternoon rainy traffic. We turned the car around and Barb promptly feel asleep.

While Barbara slept I drove us to Gettysburg, PA and surprised her by taking her to Boyd's Bear Country. Afterwards we went to O'Rourk's, a local pub and eatery and had a nice meal, a little stroll through the town and some homemade ice cream from a little shop. We made it home around 9:30.

On Saturday, after a few errands, we went to Celebrate Fairfax at the Government Center. The fair was a little smaller this year and I assume that it's because of all of the agency cutbacks. Never the less, Barb and I had a good time. I even got to ride a Segway for the first time. It was a little tough getting used to but after a few minutes I was getting the hang of it. We then met my parents for dinner to help them celebrate their 51st anniversary. Last year they went on a cruise, this year I offered to rent them a rowboat at Lake Accotink for an hour. I'm a great son.

On Sunday, my brother Bill, Barb and I drove some of her friends to King's Dominion where Barb rode her first upside down rollercoaster. I took some nerve but after the first one she was ready to ride them all. We stayed most of the day and made it home a little after 9:00. The food at KD was certainly lacking in quality, since Chick Filet is closed on Sundays we tried different faires and was pretty disappointed. I guess you don't go to an amusement park for the cuisine. I bet the rides at a food park would be lousy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ron Curameng said...

Whoo-Hoo! I Won...I Won...I Won!!!
Since Beng donated her hair to Locks of Love" before losing all her hair from radiation treatment, I would like the donation to go to "Locks of Love"
http://www.locksoflove.org/
Thanks Jim!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jim Lawson said...

That's where it's going then. Since my youngest Barbara did the same thing about 5 years ago I will double the contribution. Congratulations!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online