actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Gonna' Get Midieval On Your ***!

With my oldest daughter, Dani, joining her friend and his family on a trip to Busch Gardens, Barbara and I decided to take the day and trek across the state line and fall back about 500 years to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. I’ve been a few times before but I’ve never encountered a crowd as large as this past Saturday. The place was jammed with actor-wanna-be’s dressed in medieval costumes and to top it off, it was Pirate weekend! Not that it was a bad thing, it actually was quite fun and even my little Barb decided to rent a Maiden costume.

Someone tell me who this woman is, what she is doing and why she encouraged me to take her picture (yes, that's her legs behind her head).

Of course there was royalty at the fair!

The fair should last a few more weeks, if you have a day I suggest you check it out especially of you’ve never thrown axes, knives, shot arrows, eaten a huge turkey leg and been yelled at by common street whores. Huzzah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

I think she was just assuming the postion. Did you at least toss her a shiling or two? I was just there yesterday and I didn't she her at all, must have been with her "John". I did throw the axes, knives, and stars and got a free snow cone for three stars in the target and a free pass to the maze for one knife in the target. If any one really knows me knows that I did buy a sword. It's always a fun place to go, just make sure you know which food line to stand in or you will find out they are not selling what you want to buy and that is sooo annoying!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online