actormann

Welcome to the thoughts, actions and the all-around happenings in a day in the life of Jim Lawson

Name:
Location: Springfield, VA

Monday, November 19, 2007

Can You Answer These?


Quiz Time

Here's a truncated quiz for the holidaay week. Try to answer them all before you scroll down for the answers. Good luck and let me know how you did in the comment area or by email!


1. How much is a gross?
2. Who is the governor of California?
3. What are the California’s Governor’s chances of becoming president in 2012?
4. Which Christmas movie did George C. Scott appear in?
5. Who owns the Washington Wizards?
6. Who is the governor of the commonwealth of Virginia?
7. In the Andy Griffith TV show, name three guest stars who went on to star there own shows or movies.
8. What year did the Magic Kingdom open, Disneyworld? (within 2 years)
9. Who is the governor of the state of Maryland?
10. What was the original name of Exxon?
11. Can you name four Central American countries?
12. What is Ruth Wakefield, who ran the Toll House Inn, known for?
13. Who is the starting quarterback for the Washington Redskins?
14. Who played the lady in When Harry Met Sally who delivered the classic line, “I’ll have what she’s having”?
15. What is the shortest day of the year?

Scroll Down for Answers








Answers
1. a dozen dozen = 144
2. The Honorable Gov. Arnold Schwarzeneggger
3. Zero – he is not a natural born U.S. citizen
4. A Christmas Carol – 1984
5. Abe Pollin
6. The Honorable Gov. Tim Kane
7. Bill Bixby, Jack Nicholson, Bob Denver to name a few, I know there were many more, these just came to the top of my head.
8. 1971 (October 1)
9. The Honorable Gov. Mark O’Malley
10. Esso
11. Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama
12. Inventing the chocolate chip cookie
13. Jason Campbell
14. Rob Reiner’s (the films director) mother.
15. Winter Solstice, December 21st.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Only five, I did terrible. :(

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

Seven. That was a nice wide variety of questions! Do you have an 80's version like Trivial Pursuit?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Jim Lawson said...

I'll do an 80's quiz, thanks for the idea!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Ron Curameng said...

I did alright. I got 11. It's funny...We must be reading the same books or on the same plain. I am helping Aria with her annual science fair project and just read a book called "Mistakes that Work" That's how I knew the answer about Ruth Wakefield and I just told Aria about what Exxon use to be. There are ton of stars that are in the Andy Grffith show. Did you know the telephone operator's name in the "Andy Griffith Show", "Green Acres", "The Beverly Hillbillies" and "Petticoat Junction"?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

9 - I actually got more than I thought I would.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Joey said...

13 out of 15. I missed numbers 5 and 7.

Also- the correct answer to 9 is Martin O'Malley. I wouldn't have gotten Ruth Wakefield, if you hadn't added Toll House to the question.

Reading your answers to 7 made me think of another show that had a plethora of pre-celebrity guest appearances. The original Twilight Zone series featured many young actors/-tresses that later went on to highly successful careers.

It is interesting to watch the older shows- there were actually actors on them! Today's shows are too much about one-liners and pretty faces and "reality" to have the same impact.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Jim Lawson said...

Ron - I swear I am sitting here trying to make up questions with answers that I know, or think I know (Martin O'Malley).

I'll keep them coming since I am a trivia junkie, I love watching Jeopardy and other quiz shows.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Universities
play blackjack
black jack online